APDCAT training plan 2022-2024
Among its strategic lines, the Catalan Data Protection Authority has training and awareness-raising in the field of data protection, with the aim of achieving effective compliance with the obligations and guarantees established in the data protection regulations.
The Plan is structured in three different lines of action:
The first, made up of training actions in the field of data protection, aimed at people in management positions, the commanders and the people responsible and in charge of data protection of the Administration of the Generalitat, public institutions, local bodies, public and private universities that make up the Catalan university system and other public entities in Catalonia (in accordance with article 3 of Law 32/2010, of 1 October, of the Catalan Data Protection Authority).
This training is the result of the collaboration between the APDCAT and the School of Public Administration of Catalonia (EAPC) and is especially aimed at:
- Public sector data protection officers, with the aim of consolidating a deep and dynamic knowledge of data protection regulations.
- Managers and controllers of the processing of the Administration and public entities, to make them aware of the obligations that must be fulfilled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Persons responsible for data protection techniques of these bodies, who will receive specialized training in accordance with the functions assigned to them within their organizations. They are mainly the people responsible for the management of the information and the users who have access to personal data.
A second line of action is also being developed with training actions for the protection of sectoral data, in particularly sensitive environments that deal with information from vulnerable groups. This training is specifically aimed at the staff of the Generalitat de Catalunya in the health, education and social services sectors.
In the field of education, we will continue to promote the children’s project started in 2015, with the aim of raising awareness among this group and their environment about the responsible management of personal data, when they use technologies and the internet.
The third line of action of the Plan is the internal training of APDCAT staff, based on the detection of training needs in the following subjects:
- Data protection and information security
- Transparency and access to information
- Administrative procedure
- Electronic administration
- Economic management
- Human resources
The training activities included in the catalogs of the training plans are developed in the face-to-face, semi-face-to-face, virtual and self-learning modalities.