The contents and graphic material that form part of the apdcat.cat website are exclusively owned by the Catalan Data Protection Authority or by third parties who may be natural persons or legal entities and who have authorised the use of same by the Authority. The website contents are protected by copyright, with the exceptions provided in article 13 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, of 12 April, approving the Restated Text of the Law on Intellectual Property. Consequently, any use or reproduction that users make of this content, or of any other content which may be included in the future, must be carried out following the provisions and respecting the limitations stipulated in the aforementioned legislation.
The Authority explicitly reserves general rights with respect to the overall contents published on the website which are subject to copyright.
Personal and private use of the contents of this website is permitted when it is appropriate and in line with the goals of this online site, as specified in the previous section of this legal notice. In the case of certain contents however, the Authority may explicitly indicate that it is necessary to request express authorisation. In these cases, the corresponding application must be addressed, in writing, to:
Catalan Data Protection Authority
Rosselló 214, Esc A, 1r 1a,
Under no circumstances will authorisation be granted for:
- Presentation by means of framing of a page from the website in a window that does not pertain to the Authority.
- Insertion by means of in-line linking of an image published on the website in a page that does not belong to the Authority.
- Extraction of elements of the website that may prejudice the Authority, in accordance with current provisions.
- Commercial use of the contents of the Authority's website.
- Use of distinctive images or signs, logos or, in general, distinctive symbols of any kind that belong to the Catalan Data Protection Authority, without the prior knowledge and corresponding authorisation of that Authority.
The Authority reserves the right to initiate the appropriate actions, procedures and preventive measures under intellectual property legislation in relation to the commission by users of infringements of copyright regulations. Infringements committed as a result of fraudulent use of the information or contents of the Catalan Data Protection Authority's website may result in the imposition of legally provided penalties, in particular those stipulated in the Penal Code (article 270 and following).