The rights of the data subject may be restricted to safeguard:
- State security. Defence.
- Public security.
- The prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including the safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security.
- The protection of judicial independence and judicial proceedings.
- The prevention, investigation, detection and prosecution of breaches of ethics for regulated professions.
- A monitoring, inspection or regulatory function connected, even occasionally, to the exercise of official authority.
- The protection of the data subject or the rights and freedoms of others.
- The enforcement of civil law claims.
- Other important objectives of general public interest of the Union or of a Member State, in particular an important economic or financial interest of the Union or of a Member State, including monetary, budgetary and taxation a matters, public health and social security.