The Data Protection Advisory Board is the advisory and participation body of the Catalan Data Protection Authority.
The functions of the Data Protection Advisory Board are:
- Propose candidates to the Catalan Parliament for the position of director of the Authority.
- Issue reports on draft instructions submitted by the Authority.
- Issue a report on the Authority's draft annual budget as proposed by the director.
- Advise on matters the Authority's director submits.
- Draft a mandatory report prior to approval of Authority staffing.
- Draft a binding report on the maximum number of temporary workers on the Authority staff.
- Draw up studies and proposals on the subject of the protection of data of a personal nature based on criteria established by the director.
The Data Protection Advisory Board must be informed about:
- The activity of the Catalan Data Protection Authority, by the director and on a regular basis.
- The Authority's Annual Report.
- The objective criteria of the Authority's audit plans.
The Advisory Board is made up of the following members:
Ms. Montserrat Torrent Robledo (Acting)
- Three people appointed by the Catalan Parliament
Mr. Miquel Ramírez Martín
Mr. Lluís Sanz Marco
Ms. Andrea Levy Soler
- Three people representing the Administration of the Generalitat, appointed by the Catalan Government.
Mr. Xavier Bayona Huguet
Ms. Ester Manzano Peláez
Mr. Jordi Bacaria Martrus
- Two people representing the Catalan local authorities, appointed by the Council of Local Government.
Ms. Pamela Isús Saurí
Ms. Ana Maria Martínez Martínez
- Two people appointed by the Interuniversity Council of Catalonia.
Ms. Elia Marzal Yetano
Mr. Marc Vives Piza
- One person appointed by the Institute of Catalan Studies (IEC).
Mr. Josep Domingo Ferrer
- One person representing consumers' and users' associations, appointed by the Consumer Council of Catalonia.
Ms. Montserrat Torrent Robledo
- The director of the Statistical Institute of Catalonia.
Mr. Francesc Xavier Cuadras Morató
- An official from the Catalan Data Protection Authority, who will act as Secretary to the Board.
The renewal of Data Protection Advisory Board members takes place every five years, in accordance with the Statutes of the Catalan Data Protection Authority.
The director of the Catalan Data Protection Authority attends the meetings of the Data Protection Advisory Board with the right to speak but not vote.